Grapevine, Texas is loaded with attractions and fun things to see and do on a fun weekend or vacation. Here is Texas Outside’s list of our favorite Top 10 fun things to see and do in this DFW Metroplex suburb.
- Go Golfing – Grapevine has two fantastic golf courses. Grapevine Municipal is a city-owned course with 27 holes. They are a lot of fun, somewhat challenging, in very good condition, and a real bargain. Cowboys is next door to Grapevine Municipal and is one of the best courses in Texas.
- Hit The Trails – The North Shore Trail is fantastic as it follows Grapevine Lake’s shoreline, goes up and down hills, and in and out of the trees. There is also the perfect place to stop for a cold drink, lunch on the lake, and good music. North Shore Trail is a popular hiking and challenging mountain biking trail.
- Picnic & Play – Visit one of the 30 Grapevine parks for a picnic, hiking or biking, disc golf, basketball, swinging and sliding, and more.
Lake Grapevine and Other Water Sports Activities
- Enjoy The Lake – Lake Grapevine is perfect for boating, cruising, fishing, boarding, or just enjoying a day on the water.
- Go Camping – The Vineyards is one of the best RV parks in Texas. It has clean, friendly service, sites on the water, and more. They also have cabins that sleep 2 to 6 people if you want to be on the water and don’t have an RV. This is an excellent alternative to a boring hotel room!
- Get Wet & Wild – For a unique experience the kids will love, spend the night in the Grizzly Bear Suite. Get wet and wild at the largest indoor waterpark in Texas. Great Wolf Lodge is the place to be.
Other Fun Things To Do In Grapevine
- Spend Some Money – Go shopping at one of the largest malls in Texas. Grapevine Mills Mall offers plenty of shops, restaurants, movies, and more. A 1.6 million-square-foot shopping and entertainment complex with more than 180 stores.
- Eat, Drink, & Be Merry – There are plenty of excellent restaurants and some fun and lively bars with live music. We love the Chicken Fried Chicken, frozen margaritas, and live country music at Love & War in Texas. Head to Big Fish for seafood. The Back Porch has the best live music. For the younger, more hip crowd, the Glass Cactus at the Gaylord Hotel is the place to drink, dance, and socialize.
- Attend An Event – Grapevine is host to a number of fun and lively events. One of our favorites is the annual Grapefest.
- Play Tourist – There are lots of places to visit too, some of which include Grapevine Vintage Railroad and Grapevine Historical Museum. There are lots of stuff for kids (movies, paintball, mini golf, bowling, arcades, and ice skating), and more. Start on Main Street for bars, restaurants, shopping, and the visitors bureau.
Check our other articles on Grapevine and learn where to find the best fishing guides, cabins and cottages, golf courses, and more.