Granbury, Texas is a fun and laid back town with lots of good stuff to keep you entertained for a weekend. Schedule a weekend escape around one of their fun events. I’m talking about events like the Brazos River Music Fest and General Granbury’s Birthday celebration. Or, plan on a romantic or relaxing weekend at one of the many B&Bs. If you like boating and fishing, you’ll enjoy the calm waters of Lake Granbury.
Here’s a list of 10 fun things to see and do in little town southwest of Fort Worth.
Take In Local Granbury Culture
- Visit the downtown historical district and spend some money in the quaint shops and restaurants around the square.
- Take in a play or musical at the Granbury Opera House (they have outstanding fun musicals) or at Granbury Live, both of which are on the square.
- Schedule a weekend trip around one of the fun events like General Granbury’s Birthday Party.
- Spend some time at the Hood County Museum. Call them at (817 573-5135).
- Visit the Railroad Depot Museum. You can call them at (817 573-9246).
Recreation and Places to Stay
- Explore the lake. Go boating, fishing, swimming, or cruising. Read the review of Lake Granbury for more information on the lake and where to rent a boat or jet ski.
- Stay at any of the many B&Bs in Granbury’s historical homes or elegant homes. We like Inn on Lake Granbury, a luxurious lakefront B&B within walking distance to the Granbury Square. It sits in a beautiful setting.
- Play golf at one of the nearby golf courses. Harbor Lakes is fantastic.
- Cruise over to nearby Glen Rose and explore all it has to offer. There’s Dinosaur Valley State Park for playing in the river or hiking and biking or Fossil Rim Wildlife Center.
- Granbury has its own city beach, where you can go kayaking, paddleboarding, or swimming. You can also pack a picnic and spend the day with family, play volleyball, bike around the lake, or walk the boardwalk. In March, during their annual Founder’s Day Celebration, Granbury hosts a Bull Riding on the Beach event. You won’t find that anywhere else.