Corpus Christi is a fantastic place to vacation or spend a fun weekend. You’ll find lots of attraction, events, and fun things to see and do in Corpus Christi. Here is our list of the Top Ten Things To Do In Corpus:
Hit the Beach In Corpus Christi
- Get Some Beach Time – You’ve got lots of options for places to play on the beach. You can fish, soak up the rays, or just relax in the sand and watch the sun set. You can drive your car for miles on the beach and primitive camping is allowed on some beaches. Surfing, kiteboarding, fishing, and swimming are all very popular. North Beach is a good beach on the bay just northeast of downtown. Padre Island and Mustang Island offer miles of Gulf shoreline. Padre Island National Seashore has 70 miles of more isolated sand and shell beaches.
- Ride the Waves – Take a surfing, kiteboarding, or kite surfing lesson, or rent a kayak and paddle the waves. South Coast Surfing and Kiteboarding call tell you about the good spots while giving you lessons.
- Bike or Walk Along the Bay – Biking, jogging, walking, or peddling a surrey along the bay is a great way to spend a day. Park the car at the marina and go either north or south on a wide paved trail that goes along the bay and south into a nice housing development. Head a couple of blocks west from the marina and you’ll find great restaurants and the nightlife. Head north and you can enjoy the Museum of Science & History or the Art Museum. If you like boats, you’ll enjoy the Corpus Christi Marina. Have lunch, appetizers, drinks, or dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack or Landry’s in the Marina.
Fishing and Boating
- Go Fishing – The bays, marshes, and Gulf all offer excellent opportunities to land your limit of fresh fish ranging from blue marlin to redfish. If you don’t have a boat, rent one, or call a Corpus Christi fishing guide to help you land your limit.
- Rent A Boat – Rent a waverunner, kayak, pontoon boat, fishing boat, or ski boat and enjoy the water for a day. Better yet, charter a sailboat and go sailing. You’ll find rentals on our Corpus Christi Boat Rentals Page . The Corpus Christi marina has boat, kayak, and sailboat rentals as well as fishing charter boats and paddle wheelers for bay, sunset, or dinner cruises.
Touring and Exploring in Corpus
- Play Tourist For A Day – Visit one of the many Corpus Christi tourist attractions like the USS Lexington, Aquarium, Heritage Park, Museum of Science, Maritime Museum, Botanical Gardens, or the Art Museum. You’ll find each of these on our Corpus Christi Map. We really enjoyed the Lexington and the Aquarium. See our Corpus Christi Attractions Page to learn more about some of our favorite attractions in Corpus. We like to park the car and ride the bright red Corpus trolley cars to get to any of the fun spots. We’ve even biked to many of them.
- Explore the Area – Rockport and Port Aransas are a couple of our favorites. Both offer lots to see and do, good beaches, biking, fun nightlife, golf, and more.
Other Fun Activities in Corpus Christi
- Hit The Links – Corpus Christi has a number of public and private golf courses. You should be able to find one that fits your budget or skill level. Our favorites include Newport Dunes and NorthShore Country Club.
- Check Out The Birds – The surrounding area is well known for bird watching. Check out our Bird Watching Page for more info.
- Party Hardy – You’ll find numerous bars and restaurants with cold drinks and live music. The entertainment district downtown has several fun bars. A couple of our favorites for a fun time and good music are Brewster Ice House and Executive Surf Club.