Busy in Burleson Weekend
We recently spent a fun weekend in Burleson and thought you might be interested in replicating some or all of it. We golfed, shopped, ate, and stayed in some very unique cottages.
We had heard a lot of good things about Rustic Creek Ranch and we checked out their website and immediately booked a reservation in one of their unique and distinctive cottages. Rustic Creek Ranch has several different styles of cottages each is a little different and very upscale. A couple "Wows" went flying out of our mouths when we entered our cottage. It was very well appointed and uniquely decorated in a Southwest/Mexican decor and included:
- two person jacuzzi tub
- flat screen TV with a DVD/VCR
- white stone floor to ceiling gas fireplace
- upscale mini refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave
- large tiled restroom and shower
- small table with two cowhide comfy chairs
A number of little things quickly added up to make this a very special cottage. Some of which included: a very fluffy king size comfortable bed which made it hard to get up in the morning; satellite flat screen TV with HBO; free Internet; five fluffy pillows unlike most hotels flat hard pillows; soft cushy towels; free bottled water, buttered popcorn, peanuts, and crackers which at the Hyatt cost $3.50 each! We also had an adjoining room which was larger than ours, had two queen beds, and a nice leather lounge chair and ottoman plus everything we had in our room.
Sitting on over 65 acres, Rustic Creek Ranch has 37 cottages and over 180 RV sites - so if you don't want to stay in a cottage, they have some great, level, full-hookup, pull through or back-in RV sites. You'll also find some nice amenities to enjoy when you stay at Rustic Creek Ranch - a fantastic adult pool and hot tub - we could have stayed here all day enjoying the water, sun, and chatting with other guests; another large family pool with a kiddies pool; a playground for the kids; gift shop; free DVD rentals; and more. A great place to stay - read our review of Rustic Creek Ranch to learn more.
Rustic Creek Ranch is a perfect place to stay for a fun weekend exploring Burleson or the Ft Worth metroplex. The population of Burleson is 25,000 and "A City With Character" is the town motto, although some locals suggest it should be "'A City with Characters." Burleson is the hometown of the very first American Idol, Kelly Clarkson. Here are some fun things to keep you busy in Burleson:
explore Old Town Burleson for good food, shopping, live music, and the Museum - Babe's Chicken Dinner House is perfect if you want to stuff yourself with some very good mashed potatoes, chicken, catfish, or ribs; make sure you stop by the Malt Shop for an old fashioned milkshake; The Porch Restaurant has live music and good home style cooking; Rebecca's has a good cheap breakfast; there are some antique shops waiting for your hard earned dollars; and the Burleson Heritage Foundation’s Visitor’s Center & Museum is worth a stop
if you like wine, then head to Live Oak Winery - good wine, great setting, and a fun place to sip wine and enjoy some live music
if you like to eat - just up the road you'll be on restaurant row with lots of choices including BBQ, Texas flare, Mexican, Italian, Seafood, and more
lf you want to venture a little further out, then you have a lot more choices to make:
- if you've got a boat then you're not that far from Joe Pool, Pat Cleburn, Arlington, or Benbrook - if you don't have a boat, then get some chicken at Babe's and have a picnic on the lake, hire a fishing guide, or rent a jet ski from one of the boat rental companies
- explore some of the nearby towns like
- Granbury with its quaint shops along the square, good golf courses, bike trails, and Lake Granbury
- Glen Rose for golf, live bluegrass, playing or fishing in the rivers, rodeos, Dinosaur Valley State Park (excellent hiking and biking trails and more), or a fun drive through Fossil Rim Wildlife Park
- Arlington for a ballgame, horse race, Dallas Cowboys game or some special event, and other attractions like Hurricane Harbor Waterpark or Six Flags Amusement Park
- Ft Worth has some of everything - several places for fun and lively night life (Sundance Square and the Stockyards are favorites), miles of flat paved jogging or biking trails, a great zoo, fantastic museums, good theater, and lots of restaurants and shopping