There’s nothing like waxing up the surfboard and hitting a beach, even in Texas. While Texas isn’t known for surfing, there are great places here for surfers. There are surf parks in Texas if you know where to look for them. At Texas Outside, we like to make it easy.
Try these parks for some adventurous fun in the water. Wax that surf board and let’s go!
New Waco and Austin Texas Surf Parks
You’ve got to try the newest sport to hit Texas–surfing!
Whether you want to experience an artificial wave pool for surfing, relaxing on a river tube, flinging into the air off a giant waterslide, or sitting on the beach and reading, Texas is the place to be. You can experience all this at one of the recently opened surf parks in Waco or Austin.
Surfing in Waco and Austin, Texas
Let’s start with surf parks in Waco, Texas.
At Texas Outside, we’ve found five different stellar places to go surfing near Waco, Texas:
- Wakeboard Cable and Water Park – Offers beginner, intermediate, advanced, and pro surf sessions.
- Waco Surf Park – State-of-the-art artificial waves for beginners, intermediate surfers, and expert surfers.
- BSR Surf Resort – A great place to catch some waves, with a water filtration system and an advanced wave pool.
- The Cable Park – Located at Lemur Island, you can acquire several different passes for surfing and other water sports.
- The Cabins – Rent a cabin and surf at the wakeboarding lake.
Check out these surf parks near Austin, Texas.
Surfers looking for a great place to catch some waves in Austin won’t be disappointed either. You can find a surf park to accommodate all your needs, from beginner to advanced.
- Surf Lessons for young and old
- Fitness workouts
- Summer surf camp 8-14
- Parties & team building
The next time you’re looking for a place to hang ten, find a surf park in Texas. Just as well, you can find a place to go windsurfing and kitesurfing too.