16 of the Most Beautiful Golf Holes in Texas
Texas is home to some very scenic golf holes and here is our list of the Most Beautiful Golf Holes in Texas. We've played hundreds of courses throughout Texas, but we haven't played them all yet! So, this list of the Most Beautiful and Scenic Texas Golf Holes is based on the courses we've played. We would love to hear your opinion - send us an email. To learn more about the courses that are home to these beautiful golf holes, click on the links to read our reviews of each of the courses listed below.
- #10 at Boot Ranch in Fredericksburg - a 364 yard par 4 with an elevated tee box, a large bunker in the middle of the fairway, and a tough shot over a ravine with cascading waterfalls in front of the green
- #17 at The Retreat in Cleburne - a 219 yard par 3 with a shot downhill from huge elevated tee box to a green with a large bunker and creek in front - look back and there is a stunning waterfall from the top of the tee box
the "million dollar" #14 at Slick Rock at Horseshoe Bay - you'll face an intimidating drive that needs to carry the creek and a beautiful waterfall
#11 at Waldon on Lake Conroe is a 582 yard double dog leg with trees, bunkers, and a peninsula green that juts into Lake Conroe
- at Black Jack's Crossing in Lajitas, just about every hole is stunning with huge elevated tee boxes and beautiful views of the mountains, Rio Grande River, and desert and hills of Mexico
- #16 at Cordillera Ranch in Boerne is- #16 is a 172 yard par 3 with a slightly uphill shot over a deep ravine with a pond that's feed by several cascading waterfalls that come off the sides of a small green with 4 pot bunkers surrounding it
#9 at The Cliffs at Possum Kingdom Lake is a real beauty - it sits on the edge of a very tall bluff overlooking the cliffs and blue water of Possum Kingdom Lake
La Cantera Resort & Spa Palmer Course is home to 18 great holes but #18 is unbelievable - a 490 yard par 4 with an uphill blind shot that then goes a little left and down a steep roller coaster fairway to a large raised green surrounded by 4 huge bunkers plus a pond with a cascading rock waterfall and the unique clubhouse watching your approach shot
- Palmilla Beach Golf Club in Port Aransas is reminiscent of the coastal links in Scotland and it is the only course in Texas with a couple holes along the Gulf of Mexico with ocean breezes, rolling fairways lined with native grasses, and imposing greens.
- Barton Creek's Fazio Foothills' (Austin) 9th hole is a 175 yard slightly downhill shot to a green with a waterfall on the left, a stone wall around the front of the green, and a bunker on the back right and another wall and bunker on the back left
- #18 at Cimarron Hills in Georgetown is a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course and its a beauty but #18 takes the price - a long dog leg left that follows a cascading creek that cuts in front of the green and has multiple waterfalls
- #11 is Arnold Palmer's signature hole at Barton Creek's Palmer Lakeside course - a 197 yard shot from an elevated tee box must carry a pond and land on a oval green with 6 pot bunkers on the right and a cascading creek along the left side - the back drop is a huge stone wall with a waterfall and a beautiful home sitting on the hillside
- #12 at Sugar Tree Golf Club is a beauty - an elevated tee shot of 110 to 210 yards to small green with two bunkers in back and a cascading waterfall, a rock wall, and a wooden waterpaddle wheel
- Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock Golf Course #10 is a 567 yard par 5 (#2 handicap) is stunning - an elevated tee box with a big downhill shot and a stunning view of Horsebay homes, the surrounding countryside, and Lake LBJ. And the next hole is a close second - a par three with swaying palm trees that's all carry over Lake LBJ.
La Cantera Resort course is outstanding but #7 is really unique - a dramatically elevated tee box, a stunning view of the surrounding area and Fiesta Texas Amusement Park, a fairway with 3 bunkers (one of which is in the middle of the fairway) waiting for your drive, a pond on the right side, and a bunker so big it has 3 grass islands in the middle of it plus a green with 3 bunkers surrounding it and the Fiesta Texas Roller Coaster as a backdrop
The 8th hole at Falconhead Golf Club in Austin is fun, unique, and beautiful - 184 yard par shot shot over a two ponds with a cascading waterfalls, colorful landscaping and green on a limestone ledge which cantilevers as much as 30 feet out and over the pond and creek