30.Review of Leander NW Austin KOA
On the outskirts of Leander is a very clean, quiet, and family KOA with several good amenities – Leander NW Austin KOA. They have long full hook-up pull throughs, back-in, and tent sites. For extra guests that won't fit in your RV or for people who want to get away and enjoy the Park's amenities, there are six camping cabins.
Leader NW Austin KOA is located north of Austin and it has a remote country feel to it. In fact driving in from the east, you'll get a sense that you've escaped the hustle and bustle of the city and arrived in some very scenic and serene rolling countryside. As such, Leander NW Austin KOA is quiet and peaceful, yet it is conveniently located and within minutes you'll find great shopping, excellent restaurants, and lots of fun things to see and do.
Leander NW Austin KOA is a very clean and well managed family owned KOA. I must admit that we are very biased toward KOAs and have enjoyed every one that we have stayed in. To me, they are like McDonalds – a leader in their field and you know what to expect and that's what you'll get, which in most cases with KOAs is clean and well run parks, several nice amenities, reasonable rates, and friendly service. All of that and more holds true at Leander NW Austin KOA.
The main roads are not paved but the pull through sites are concrete pads as are some of the back in sites. Other back-in sites are grass or a mixture of dirt and grass. There is plenty of room for big rigs to maneuver and easily get settled into one of the pull through sites. Curbside trash pickup is also provided each morning. Motorcycles and pets are welcome at Leander NW Austin KOA.
When you make your reservation make sure you sign up for the KOA Value Kard – you'll save 10% on your site rental, earn points for rewards, and be entitled to some other good benefits.
You can email the park at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
Leander NW Austin KOA is a perfect place to stay if you want to visit relatives or take advantage of all that this part of the Texas Hill Country has to offer. Some of our recommends would be:
- play 18 holes at nearby Crystal Falls Golf Course
- attend a game or concert at Dell Diamond or any of several special events in Cedar Park event center
- take advantage of all that Lake Travis has to offer
If you're a local, this is a great place to escape for a weekend and enjoy all of the Park's amenities. I talked to a local Leander resident who has spent several weekends camping at Leander NW Austin and she said the kids always have a blast and she has a hard time dragging them back home which is less than 10 minutes away
Leander NW Austin KOA is a great place to stay if you want to explore Liberty Hill, Leander, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Round Rock, or the music capital of Texas (Austin). The Park is just a half a mile to the Leander Station Metro Rail Park'n Ride and within 5 to 30 minutes from the Park there is something for all ages to enjoy, you can be:
- shopping at some great outlet malls or boutique specialty shops
- enjoying excellent restaurants offering everything from Asian cuisine to Italian to Mexican to juicy burgers on the lake or on an outdoor patio with live music
- golfing at any of several fantastic golf courses which are some of the top rated courses in Texas
- enjoying some of the best lakes in Texas for boating, fishing, swimming, or cruising by some some beautiful homes - all of which have boat rentals and fishing guides
- attending a baseball game at DELL Diamond, a music concert in Austin, or the circus in Cedar Park Event Center less than 2 miles away
- explore a beautiful cave at Inner Space Caverns
- sampling some excellent wine at any of the nearby wineries
- enjoying Volente Beach Waterpark on Lake Travis and rumor has it that Schlitterbahn is building a new waterpark within 5 miles of Leander NW Austin KOA
- and lots more ranging from museums to live music to special events and festivals
Here are some links to help you find something to do:
- Texas Outside's Top 10 Things To Do In Austin
- find a great golf course to play
- pick a nearby lake to enjoy
- take advantage of the 25 Fun Things To Do In The Texas Hill Country
- if you are into racing, Formula One and several other races are coming to Circuit of the Americas in Austin
Have fun - you shouldn't get bored when you stay at Leander NW Austin KOA.