Lake Palestine Gateway RV Park Review & Rating
Lake Palestine Gateway RV Park Overview:
Review and Rating Lake Palestine Gateway RV Park in Chandler, Texas
Lake Palestine Gateway RV Park is located on Highway 31 at the northern end of beautiful Lake Palestine where the Neches River feeds into Lake Palestine. As such, the Park has easy access to restaurants, nightlife, shops, golf, a great zoo, and more in Chandler and Tyler which is 11 miles north east.
Lake Palestine Gateway RV Park is a small 41 site RV Park that opened for business in early 2017. The park roads and full hook-up sites are level and concrete and large enough for big rigs to easily maneuver into a site.
The Park is clean, well maintained, and staffed by some friendly folks who want to make sure that your stay is enjoyable. Since the Park is new, the ameniites are limited but there is a growing list of amenities that managment plans to add.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Lake Palestine Gateway RV Park in Chandler is home to 41 sites of which 13 are pull throughs and 14 of the 28 back-in sites are on the Neches River. All of the sites are paved, level, and full hook-up with 20/30/50 AMP service, water, and sewer. The hook-ups are conveniently located toward the rear of the sites making it easy to hook-up without requiring any extensions. The 28 back-in sites are 50’ by 25’ long and they include a parking pad for an extra vehicle. The 13 pull through sites range from 45’ to 65’ long and 25’ wide. Grass will separate each of the sites.
Lake Palestine Gateway RV Park is new and as such the current amenities are limited but management has a growing list of planned amenities like a recreation/community center with a deck overlooking the River. Some of the current amenities include:
- Private showers and restrooms
- Laundry room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kayak rentals and launching area
- Two large picnic areas along the River with picnic tables, fire rings, and grills
From the Park you can launch your kayak and paddle Texas Parks and Wildlife’s Chandler Upper Neches Paddling Trail which runs up to 8 miles in length. Fishing from the Park’s bank or from a kayak in the Neches River is excellent for catfish (channel, blue, and flathead), largemouth bass, and crappie.
Across the street from Lake Palestine Gateway RV Park is the Chandler River Park which is located on the Neches River and has a boat ramp, nature trail, and more.
Tyler is loaded with fun things to see and do – everything from shops to golf to a great zoo. See our Tyler page to find lots to do.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more